HPTs should refer to the following UKHSA resources:
- complete UKHSA monkeypox guidance collection page
- guidance on monkeypox vaccination – recommendations for the use of pre and post-exposure vaccination
- interim guidance on de-isolation and discharge of monkeypox-infected patients
- Monkeypox: planning events and mass gatherings
There are also resources from organisations other than UKHSA:
- TURAS workforce education resources on vaccination against monkeypox using MVA-BN (Imvanex®) vaccine.
- Joint UK Blood Transfusion and Tissue Transplantation Services Professional Advisory Committee have issued a position statement on monkeypox.
- Find out about the process for requesting Imvanex vaccine on SHPIR (login required).
- Human Animal Infections and Risk Surveillance (HAIRS) group has assessed monkeypox risk to the human population from pets.
For more information on the worldwide situation:
- monkeypox information from the World Health Organization (WHO)
- European Epidemiological Update from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
- monkeypox information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- TRAVAX monkeypox travel advice (TRAVAX account holders only)