This is a joint publication between Public Health Scotland and Antimicrobial Resistance and Healthcare Associated Infection (ARHAI) Scotland, part of NHS National Services Scotland. ARHAI content is not made available under terms of the OGL and you should request permission to reproduce content contained in this publication.
This guidance is to support those working in social, community and residential care (SCRC) settings and users of their services about COVID-19.
This guidance is now the advised guidance for adult and older adult care homes registered with the Care Inspectorate.
Social, community and residential care settings covered by this guidance include:
- providing care to individuals in their own home
- adult social care building-based day services
- community-based settings for people:
- with mental health needs
- with a learning disability
- who misuse substances
- rehabilitation services
- residential children’s homes – including settings registered as care homes
- secure accommodation services for children and young people
- residential settings for adults – including respite services for adults
- residential respite/short breaks services for children
- care home services, registered with the care inspectorate – now including older adult care homes
- services helping those experiencing homelessness
- sheltered housing
- supported accommodation settings
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.