About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents data on COVID-19 across NHSScotland.
- In the week ending 13 March 2022, there were 86,675 COVID-19 cases (identified by PCR or LFD and including reinfections), an increase of 37.7% from the previous week
- In the week ending 13 March 2022, 8,411 (9.71%) of all cases reported that week were determined to be reinfections when applying the 90-day threshold
- In the week ending 06 March 2022, 62,297 individuals were recorded in the contact tracing software, from which 50,576 unique contacts have been traced
- In the week ending 08 March 2022, there were 1,040 admissions to hospital with a positive COVID-19 test (PCR or LFD), an increase of 1% from the previous week. The highest number of new admissions are currently in those aged 80+
- In the week ending 13 March 2022 there were 33 new admissions to Intensive Care Units (ICUs) with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19
- By the 14 February 2022, 74% of those in prison on that day had been vaccinated with a first dose, compared to 73% among general population matched controls. By the same date, 65% of those in prison had received a second dose, compared to 67% among general population matched controls. Third dose/booster uptake was 43% for the prison population compared to 45% in the matched controls
Wider impact detailed analysis
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a wider impact on health and care as a result of the lockdown, economic pressures and changes to health services.
A range of analyses on the impact of COVID-19 across aspects of NHS Scotland is available on the interactive information tool.
Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been working closely with the Scottish Government and health and care colleagues to support the surveillance and monitoring of COVID-19 amongst the population. There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19 (for example, Coronavirus in Scotland – Scottish Government and Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland). This report complements the range of existing data currently available.
The next release of this publication will be 23 March 2022.
Find out more
Versions of the Weekly national respiratory report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website.
Versions of the COVID-19 weekly statistical report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website.
Open data from this publication is available from the following weblinks:
- The COVID-19 Vaccine Wastage datafile was updated on 14 September 2023 to include the most recent information.
- The COVID-19 in Adult Care Homes in Scotland datafile was updated on 27 July 2023 to include more recent information.
- 28 September 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on COVID-19 infection and vaccination in pregnancy in Scotland.
- 2 March 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on Highest Risk (shielding patients list)
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email email@example.com.
To report any issues with a publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.