About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents data on COVID-19 across NHS Scotland.
15 November 2022 Revision:
The ‘COVID-19 Vaccination Uptake in Scottish Prisons’ section has been revised. The date narrative was incorrect, this has now been corrected from 13 April 2022 to 04 August 2022. None of the data has been changed, only the date narrative
- In the week ending 14 August 2022 there were 15 new admissions to Intensive Care Units (ICUs) with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19, a decrease of 1 from the previous week (07 August 2022)
- In the week ending 14 August 2022, there were on average 934 patients in hospital with COVID-19, a 18.3% decrease from the previous week ending 07 August 2022 (1,143)
- In the week ending 07 August 2022, there were 57 deaths involving COVID-19 (34 fewer than the previous week) (Source: National Records of Scotland (external website))
- By 04 August 2022, 69% (1st dose), 60% (2nd dose) and 46% (3rd/booster dose) of those in prison had received a COVID-19 vaccination
Wider Impact Analysis
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a wider impact on health and care as a result of the lockdown, economic pressures and changes to health services.
Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been working closely with the Scottish Government and health and care colleagues to support the surveillance and monitoring of COVID-19 amongst the population. There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19 (for example, Coronavirus in Scotland – Scottish Government (external website) and Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland (external website)). This report complements the range of existing data currently available.
The next release of this publication will be 24 August 2022.
Find out more
Versions of the Weekly national respiratory report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website.
Versions of the COVID-19 weekly statistical report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website.
Open data from this publication is available from the following weblinks:
- The COVID-19 Vaccine Wastage datafile was updated on 14 September 2023 to include the most recent information.
- The COVID-19 in Adult Care Homes in Scotland datafile was updated on 27 July 2023 to include more recent information.
- 28 September 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on COVID-19 infection and vaccination in pregnancy in Scotland.
- 2 March 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on Highest Risk (shielding patients list)
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please email email@example.com.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report any issues with a publication, please email email@example.com.