About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents data on COVID-19 across NHSScotland.
- In the week ending 30 May 2021, 3,265 individuals were recorded in the contact tracing software, from which 11,164 unique contacts have been traced.
- As at 30 May 2021, there have been 235,911 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 3,387 in the week ending 30 May.
- In the week ending 26 May 2021, there were 115 admissions to hospital with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19.
- In the week ending 29 May 2021 there were 5 new admissions to Intensive Care Units (ICUs) for confirmed COVID-19 patients.
- In the week ending 30 May 2021 there were 7,303 people who arrived in Scotland from outside the UK, of which 4,886 were required to quarantine (of which 684 were quarantined in a hotel) and 2,798 were contacted by the National Contact Tracing Centre.
- In the week ending 30 May 2021, under the Community Testing Programme 9.3% of symptomatic and 4.3% of asymptomatic tests for COVID-19 were positive.
- As at 25 May 2021, in those aged 40 and over, vaccine uptake is highest in white ethnic groups (91%) and lowest in African ethnic groups (66%). Uptake also varied by area of deprivation, with uptake up of 89% for those aged 40 and over in the less deprived areas compared to 82% in more deprived areas.
- As at 25 May 2021, over two thirds (68%) of teachers in Scotland have received a first COVID-19 vaccination dose, with an estimated 85% due to have been offered two doses by the start of the 2021/22 school year.
Additional charts and data are available to view in the interactive dashboard accompanying this report.
Wider impact detailed analysis
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a wider impact on health and care as a result of the lockdown, economic pressures and changes to health services.
A range of analyses on the impact of COVID-19 across aspects of NHS Scotland is available on the interactive information tool (external website).
Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been working closely with the Scottish Government and health and care colleagues to support the surveillance and monitoring of COVID-19 amongst the population. There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19. For example, Coronavirus in Scotland – Scottish Government (external website) and Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland (external website). This report complements the range of existing data currently available.
Find out more
- weekly COVID-19 statistical data in Scotland
- COVID-19 vaccination in Scotland
- Daily COVID-19 dashboard
- Enhanced surveillance of COVID-19 in Scotland
- Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland
COVID-19 daily dashboard
Access the COVID-19 daily dashboard for the following information:
- daily COVID-19 positive cases and deaths by health board and local
- daily hospital admissions and ICU admissions at Scotland level
- data on vaccinations from 26 February 2021
There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19 – for example, Coronavirus in Scotland on the Scottish Government website (external website) and deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland on the National Records of Scotland (external website).
COVID-19 in pregnancy in Scotland
The 8 December 2021 COVID-19 statistical report contains information on COVID-19 infection and vaccination in pregnancy in Scotland.
View information about the COVID-19 Infection Survey (external website) – this represents the single biggest expansion to date of asymptomatic testing for surveillance purposes in the pandemic and is being conducted by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) and the University of Oxford, on behalf of the UK and The Scottish Government.
The 10 June 2020 COVID-19 statistical report contains information relating to shielding patients.
The 27 October 2021 COVID-19 statistical report contains information relating to ethnicity of COVID-19 positives.
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please email email@example.com.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report any issues with a publication, please email email@example.com.