About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents data on COVID-19 across NHSScotland.
Please note these statistics are affected by delays in test results being processed in positive cases (16 to 18 October 2020).
- Between 28 May to 18 October 2020, 28,620 individuals were recorded in the contact tracing software, from which 117,939 contacts have been traced (of which 88,327 were unique).
- As at 18 October 2020, there have been 47,708 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 6,324 in the latest week.
- In the week ending 18 October there were 118 individuals aged 16-17 and 337 aged 18-19 who tested positive for COVID-19.
- In the week ending 16 October 2020, there were 521 admissions to hospital with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19.
- In the week ending 18 October 2020 there were 46 patients who have ever been confirmed COVID-19 that were treated in an Intensive Care Unit.
- In the week ending 18 October 2020 there were 27,340 people who arrived in Scotland from outside the UK, of which 15,157 were required to quarantine and 3,132 were contacted by the National Contact Tracing Centre.
Wider impact detailed analysis
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a wider impact on health and care as a result of the lockdown, economic pressures and changes to health services.
A range of analyses on the impact of COVID-19 across aspects of NHS Scotland is available on the interactive information tool (external website).
Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been working closely with the Scottish Government and health and care colleagues to support the surveillance and monitoring of COVID-19 amongst the population. There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19. For example, Coronavirus in Scotland – Scottish Government (external website) and Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland (external website). This report complements the range of existing data currently available.
Find out more
Versions of the Weekly national respiratory report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website
Versions of the COVID-19 weekly statistical report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website
- COVID-19 statistical data in Scotland (daily and weekly data available)
- COVID-19 Vaccination in Scotland (data up to 14 September 2022)
- Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland
- Enhanced Surveillance of COVID-19 in Scotland
- COVID-19 Infections in Pregnancy in Scotland
You can also view the open data for the Flu and COVID Winter 2022 Vaccination Programme Uptake
- Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland (external website)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Modelling the Epidemic – Scottish Government (external website)
- Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland – ARHAI
- Ethnicity Data: The COVID-19 statistical report interactive dashboard was updated on 30 November 2022 to include more recent information relating to ethnicity of COVID-19 positives
- 28 September 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on COVID-19 infection and vaccination in pregnancy in Scotland.
- 02 March 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on Highest Risk (shielding patients list)
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email email@example.com.
To report any issues with a publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.