About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents data on COVID-19 across NHSScotland.
- Between 28 May to 19 July 2020, 953 individuals were recorded in the contact tracing software, from which 2,573 contacts have been traced.
- As at 19 July 2020, there have been 18,452 confirmed COVID-19 cases, equating to 337 confirmed cases per 100,000 population.
- Between 1 March 2020 and 15 July 2020, there had been 5,949 admissions to hospital with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19.
- As at 19 July 2020, 528 confirmed COVID-19 patients have been treated in an Intensive Care Unit. Since 10 July 2020, there have been 0 confirmed COVID-19 patients admitted to ICU.
- As at 12 July 2020, 305,000 people in Scotland have tested negative.
Wider impact detailed analysis
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a wider impact on health and care as a result of the lockdown, economic pressures and changes to health services.
A range of analyses on the impact of COVID-19 across aspects of NHS Scotland is available on the interactive information tool (external website).
On 1 March 2020, the first person in Scotland was tested positive for COVID-19. On the 17 March NHS Scotland was placed in an emergency footing by the Cabinet Secretary. Schools have been closed since 20 March and the country has been in lockdown since 23 March. Scotland entered phase one of easing out of lockdown on Friday 29 May, phase two on Friday 19 June and phase three on Friday 10 July. Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been working closely with the Scottish Government and health and care colleagues to support the surveillance and monitoring of COVID-19 amongst the population. There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19, for example, Coronavirus in Scotland – Scottish Government (external website) and Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland (external website). This report complements the range of existing data currently available.
Find out more
Versions of the Weekly national respiratory report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website
Versions of the COVID-19 weekly statistical report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website
Open data from this publication is available from the following weblinks:
- COVID-19 Open Data platform
- Respiratory Open Data platform
- Flu and COVID Vaccination Uptake Open Data platform
- 11 September 2023 SARS-CoV-2 BA.2.86 variant in Scotland - weekly update
- The Flu and COVID vaccination uptake in Scotland dashboard was updated on 6 July 2023 with the most recent information.
- The COVID-19 in Adult Care Homes in Scotland datafile was updated on 27 July 2023 to include more recent information.
- Ethnicity Data: The COVID-19 & Respiratory Surveillance in Scotland interactive dashboard was updated on 31 August 2023 to include more recent information relating to ethnicity of COVID-19 hospital admissions.
- 28 September 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on COVID-19 infection and vaccination in pregnancy in Scotland.
- 2 March 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on Highest Risk (shielding patients list)
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please email email@example.com.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report any issues with a publication, please email email@example.com.