About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents data on COVID-19 across NHSScotland.
- From 8 December to 20 December 2020, 56,676 individuals received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccination, as reported in the Vaccination Management Tool.
- Between 28 May to 20 December 2020, 92,870 individuals were recorded in the contact tracing software, from which 357,156 contacts have been traced (of which 263,177 were unique).
- As at 20 December 2020, there have been 113,050 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 5,617 in the week ending 20 December.
- In the week ending 20 December there were 99 individuals aged 16-17 and 116 aged 18-19 who tested positive for COVID-19.
- In the week ending 18 December 2020, there were 426 admissions to hospital with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19.
- In the week ending 19 December 2020 there were 47 new admissions to Intensive Care Units (ICUs) for confirmed COVID-19 patients.
- In the week ending 20 December 2020 there were 11,506 people who arrived in Scotland from outside the UK, of which 8,176 were required to quarantine and 3,127 were contacted by the National Contact Tracing Centre.
- For the week ending 17 December 2020, 0.2% of key healthcare workers tested positive for COVID-19.
- Between 30 November and 17 December, 50,010 lateral flow device (LFD) tests have been carried out on students from Universities and Colleges across Scotland.
Wider impact detailed analysis
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a wider impact on health and care as a result of the lockdown, economic pressures and changes to health services.
A range of analyses on the impact of COVID-19 across aspects of NHS Scotland is available on the interactive information tool (external website).
Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been working closely with the Scottish Government and health and care colleagues to support the surveillance and monitoring of COVID-19 amongst the population. There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19. For example, Coronavirus in Scotland – Scottish Government (external website) and Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland (external website). This report complements the range of existing data currently available.
Find out more
- weekly COVID-19 statistical data in Scotland
- COVID-19 vaccination in Scotland
- Daily COVID-19 dashboard
- Enhanced surveillance of COVID-19 in Scotland
- Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland
COVID-19 daily dashboard
Access the COVID-19 daily dashboard for the following information:
- daily COVID-19 positive cases and deaths by health board and local
- daily hospital admissions and ICU admissions at Scotland level
- data on vaccinations from 26 February 2021
There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19 – for example, Coronavirus in Scotland on the Scottish Government website (external website) and deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland on the National Records of Scotland (external website).
View information about the COVID-19 Infection Survey (external website) – this represents the single biggest expansion to date of asymptomatic testing for surveillance purposes in the pandemic and is being conducted by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) and the University of Oxford, on behalf of the UK and The Scottish Government.
The 10 June 2020 COVID-19 statistical report contains information relating to shielding patients.
The 3 March 2021 COVID-19 statistical report contains information relating to ethnicity of COVID-19 positives.
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please email email@example.com.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report any issues with a publication, please email email@example.com.