About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents data on COVID-19 across NHSScotland.
- Between 28 May to 20 September 2020, 6,851 individuals were recorded in the contact tracing software, from which 34,201 contacts have been traced (of which 25,937 were unique).
- As at 20 September 2020, there have been 24,626 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 1,478 in the latest week.
- In the week ending 20 September 2020, there were 8 people aged 2-4, 36 aged 5-11 and 77 aged 12-17 who tested positive for COVID-19.
- In the week ending 16 September 2020, there were 58 admissions to hospital with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19.
- In the week ending 20 September 2020 there were 6 patients who have ever been confirmed COVID-19 that were treated in an Intensive Care Unit.
- In the week ending 20 September 2020 there were 32,150 people who arrived in Scotland from outside the UK, of which 12,386 were required to quarantine and 1,082 were contacted by the National Contact Tracing Centre.
Wider impact detailed analysis
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a wider impact on health and care as a result of the lockdown, economic pressures and changes to health services.
A range of analyses on the impact of COVID-19 across aspects of NHS Scotland is available on the interactive information tool (external website).
Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been working closely with the Scottish Government and health and care colleagues to support the surveillance and monitoring of COVID-19 amongst the population. There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19. For example, Coronavirus in Scotland – Scottish Government (external website) and Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland (external website). This report complements the range of existing data currently available.
Find out more
- weekly COVID-19 statistical data in Scotland
- COVID-19 vaccination in Scotland
- COVID-19 dashboard
- Enhanced surveillance of COVID-19 in Scotland
- Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland
Access the COVID-19 dashboard for the following information:
- daily COVID-19 positive cases and deaths by health board and local
- daily hospital admissions and ICU admissions at Scotland level
- data on vaccinations from 26 February 2021
There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19 – for example, Coronavirus in Scotland on the Scottish Government website (external website) and deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland on the National Records of Scotland (external website).
COVID-19 in pregnancy in Scotland
The 11 May 2022 COVID-19 statistical report contains information on COVID-19 infection and vaccination in pregnancy in Scotland.
View information about the COVID-19 Infection Survey (external website) – this represents the single biggest expansion to date of asymptomatic testing for surveillance purposes in the pandemic and is being conducted by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) and the University of Oxford, on behalf of the UK and The Scottish Government.
Highest risk (shielding) list
The 02 March 2022 COVID-19 statistical report contains information relating to shielding patients.
The COVID-19 statistical report interactive dashboard was updated on 18 May 2022 to include more recent information relating to ethnicity of COVID-19 positives
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please email email@example.com.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report any issues with a publication, please email email@example.com.