About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents data on COVID-19 across NHSScotland.
- In the week ending 24 April 2022, there were 20,791 COVID-19 cases (identified by PCR or LFD and including reinfections), a decrease of 31.8% from the previous week
- In the week ending 24 April 2022, 2,557 (12.3%) of all cases reported that week were determined to be reinfections when applying the 90-day threshold
- In the week ending 17 April 2021, 26,997 individuals were recorded in the contact tracing software, from which 12,018 unique contacts have been traced
- In the week ending 19 April 2022, there were 851 admissions to hospital with a positive COVID-19 test (PCR or LFD), a decrease of 46.9% from four weeks prior (week ending 22 March 2022). The highest number of new admissions are currently in those aged 80+
- In the week ending 24 April 2022, there were 26 new admissions to Intensive Care Units (ICUs) with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19
Wider impact detailed analysis
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a wider impact on health and care as a result of the lockdown, economic pressures and changes to health services.
A range of analyses on the impact of COVID-19 across aspects of NHS Scotland is available on the interactive information tool.
Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been working closely with the Scottish Government and health and care colleagues to support the surveillance and monitoring of COVID-19 amongst the population. There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19 (for example, Coronavirus in Scotland – Scottish Government and Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland). This report complements the range of existing data currently available.
The next release of this publication will be 4 May 2022.
Find out more
Versions of the Weekly national respiratory report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website
Versions of the COVID-19 weekly statistical report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website
- COVID-19 statistical data in Scotland (daily and weekly data available)
- COVID-19 Vaccination in Scotland (data up to 14 September 2022)
- Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland
- Enhanced Surveillance of COVID-19 in Scotland
- COVID-19 Infections in Pregnancy in Scotland
You can also view the open data for the Flu and COVID Winter 2022 Vaccination Programme Uptake
- Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland (external website)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Modelling the Epidemic – Scottish Government (external website)
- Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland – ARHAI
- Ethnicity Data: The COVID-19 statistical report interactive dashboard was updated on 30 November 2022 to include more recent information relating to ethnicity of COVID-19 positives
- 28 September 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on COVID-19 infection and vaccination in pregnancy in Scotland.
- 02 March 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on Highest Risk (shielding patients list)
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please contact email@example.com.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report any issues with a publication, please email email@example.com.