About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents data on COVID-19 across NHS Scotland.
- In Scotland, in the week ending 13 September 2022, the estimated number of people testing positive for COVID-19 was 98,800 (95% credible interval: 80,300 to 119,100), equating to 1.88% of the population, or around 1 in 55 people (Source: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Survey, UK - Office for National Statistics)
- In the latest week ending 25 September 2022, there were 248 new COVID-19 admissions to hospital
- In the week ending 25 September 2022, there were on average 664 patients in hospital with COVID-19, a 5.2% increase from the previous week ending 18 September 2022 (631)
- In the week ending 25 September 2022 there were 8 new admissions to Intensive Care Units (ICUs) with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19, a decrease of 9 from the previous week (18 September 2022)
- In the week ending 18 September 2022, there were 40 deaths involving COVID-19 (the same as the previous week) (Source: National Records of Scotland)
- By week ending 25 September 2022, 308,351 eligible adults received a Flu vaccine, 288,199 eligible people received a COVID-19 vaccine and 93.7% of COVID-19 vaccines were co-administered with Flu at the same vaccine appointment
- To date, 45,098 COVID-19 vaccinations have been given in 32,314 pregnancies to 31,903 women, COVID-19 cases occurring in unvaccinated women are much more likely to be associated with a hospital or critical care admission. Among the 149 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in pregnancy occurring in December 2020 to April 2022 that were associated with a critical care admission, 129 (87%) occurred in unvaccinated women
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a wider impact on health and care as a result of the lockdown, economic pressures and changes to health services.
Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been working closely with the Scottish Government and health and care colleagues to support the surveillance and monitoring of COVID-19 amongst the population. There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19 (for example, Coronavirus in Scotland – Scottish Government (external website) and Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland (external website)). This report complements the range of existing data currently available.
The next release of this publication will be 05 October 2022.
Find out more
Versions of the Weekly national respiratory report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website.
Versions of the COVID-19 weekly statistical report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website.
Open data from this publication is available from the following weblinks:
- The COVID-19 Vaccine Wastage datafile was updated on 14 September 2023 to include the most recent information.
- The COVID-19 in Adult Care Homes in Scotland datafile was updated on 27 July 2023 to include more recent information.
- 28 September 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on COVID-19 infection and vaccination in pregnancy in Scotland.
- 2 March 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on Highest Risk (shielding patients list)
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please email email@example.com.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report any issues with a publication, please email email@example.com.