About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents data on COVID-19 across NHS Scotland.
REVISION: 30 June 2022: The “Severity of Illness” section was revised. The March 2022 data point was missing from Figure 8 and has now been added. The correct data was in Table 3 and is unaffected.
- In the week ending 26 June 2022 there were 14,500 reported COVID-19 cases.
- In the week ending 26 June 2022, 2,575 (17.8%) of all cases reported that week were determined to be reinfections when applying the 90-day threshold
- In the latest week ending 26 June 2022, the number of new COVID-19 admissions to hospital increased from 815 to 848 (3.9%) from the week ending 19 June 2022. The highest number of admissions are now in those aged 80+ (24.4%)
- In the week ending 26 June 2022 there were 12 new admissions to Intensive Care Units (ICUs) with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19
- In the week ending 26 June 2022, there were on average 1,148 patients in hospital with COVID-19, a 32% increase from the previous week ending 19 June 2022 (870)
Wider Impact Analysis
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a wider impact on health and care as a result of the lockdown, economic pressures and changes to health services.
Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been working closely with the Scottish Government and health and care colleagues to support the surveillance and monitoring of COVID-19 amongst the population. There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19 (for example, Coronavirus in Scotland – Scottish Government and Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland). This report complements the range of existing data currently available.
The next release of this publication will be 6 July 2022.
Find out more
Versions of the Weekly national respiratory report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website
Versions of the COVID-19 weekly statistical report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website
- COVID-19 statistical data in Scotland (daily and weekly data available)
- COVID-19 Vaccination in Scotland (data up to 14 September 2022)
- Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland
- Enhanced Surveillance of COVID-19 in Scotland
- COVID-19 Infections in Pregnancy in Scotland
You can also view the open data for the Flu and COVID Winter 2022 Vaccination Programme Uptake
- Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland (external website)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Modelling the Epidemic – Scottish Government (external website)
- Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland – ARHAI
- Ethnicity Data: The COVID-19 statistical report interactive dashboard was updated on 30 November 2022 to include more recent information relating to ethnicity of COVID-19 positives
- 28 September 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on COVID-19 infection and vaccination in pregnancy in Scotland.
- 02 March 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on Highest Risk (shielding patients list)
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please contact email@example.com.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report any issues with a publication, please email email@example.com.