About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents data on COVID-19 across NHSScotland.
Please note as of 12:20 on 1st July 2021, page 23 of the report text has been revised due to a typographical error and to ensure clear understanding of calls made by the National Contact Centre
- In the week ending 27 June 2021, 15,443 individuals were recorded in the contact tracing software, from which 34,504 unique contacts have been traced.
- As at 27 June 2021, there have been 274,217 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 17,351 in the week ending 27 June.
- In the week ending 22 June 2021, there were 216 admissions to hospital with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19. The highest number of new admissions were seen amongst those aged 20-29 years and 30-39 years.
- The proportion of all people who were admitted to hospital within 14 days of a laboratory confirmed COVID-19 positive test has declined, from 13% in the week commencing 25 January 2021, to 3% in the most recent week commencing 7 June 2021.
- In the week ending 26 June 2021 there were 9 new admissions to Intensive Care Units (ICUs) for confirmed COVID-19 patients.
- In the week ending 27 June 2021 there were 10,355 people who arrived in Scotland from outside the UK, of which 8,905 were required to quarantine (of which 893 were quarantined in a hotel) and 1,562 were contacted by the National Contact Tracing Centre.
- In the week ending 27 June 2021, under the Community Testing Programme 26.3% of symptomatic and 8.5% of asymptomatic tests for COVID-19 were positive.
Additional charts and data are available to view in the interactive dashboard accompanying this report.
Wider impact detailed analysis
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a wider impact on health and care as a result of the lockdown, economic pressures and changes to health services.
A range of analyses on the impact of COVID-19 across aspects of NHS Scotland is available on the interactive information tool (external website).
Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been working closely with the Scottish Government and health and care colleagues to support the surveillance and monitoring of COVID-19 amongst the population. There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19. For example, Coronavirus in Scotland – Scottish Government (external website) and Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland (external website). This report complements the range of existing data currently available.
Find out more
- weekly COVID-19 statistical data in Scotland
- COVID-19 vaccination in Scotland
- Daily COVID-19 dashboard
- Enhanced surveillance of COVID-19 in Scotland
- Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland
COVID-19 daily dashboard
Access the COVID-19 daily dashboard for the following information:
- daily COVID-19 positive cases and deaths by health board and local
- daily hospital admissions and ICU admissions at Scotland level
- data on vaccinations from 26 February 2021
There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19 – for example, Coronavirus in Scotland on the Scottish Government website (external website) and deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland on the National Records of Scotland (external website).
COVID-19 in pregnancy in Scotland
The 8 December 2021 COVID-19 statistical report contains information on COVID-19 infection and vaccination in pregnancy in Scotland.
View information about the COVID-19 Infection Survey (external website) – this represents the single biggest expansion to date of asymptomatic testing for surveillance purposes in the pandemic and is being conducted by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) and the University of Oxford, on behalf of the UK and The Scottish Government.
The 10 June 2020 COVID-19 statistical report contains information relating to shielding patients.
The 27 October 2021 COVID-19 statistical report contains information relating to ethnicity of COVID-19 positives.
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email email@example.com.
To report any issues with a publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.