About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents data on COVID-19 across NHSScotland.
This publication was revised 7 August 2020 to include test and protect data. During our quality assurance checking processes at the time of original release, we concluded that the quality of the test and protect data was not suitable for public release due to a technical error in the processing of the data. This error has since been corrected and after further quality assurance the data has now been included.
- Between 28 May to 2 August 2020, 1,227 individuals were recorded in the contact tracing software, from which 4,172 contacts have been traced.
- As at 2 August 2020, there have been 18,694 confirmed COVID-19 cases, equating to 342 confirmed cases per 100,000 population.
- Between 1 March 2020 and 29 July 2020, there had been 5,951 admissions to hospital with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19.
- As at 2 August 2020, 533 confirmed COVID-19 patients have been treated in an Intensive Care Unit. In the last week there were 2 patients who have ever been confirmed COVID-19 that were admitted to ICU.
- As at 2 August 2020, 349,786 people in Scotland have tested negative.
- Public Health Scotland has released the “Infections in Healthcare Workers” publication, which provides data on COVID-19 infections among healthcare workers in Scotland is available to view here.
Wider impact detailed analysis
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a wider impact on health and care as a result of the lockdown, economic pressures and changes to health services.
A range of analyses on the impact of COVID-19 across aspects of NHS Scotland is available on the interactive information tool (external website).
On 1 March 2020, the first person in Scotland was tested positive for COVID-19. On the 17 March NHS Scotland was placed in an emergency footing by the Cabinet Secretary. Schools have been closed since 20 March and the country has been in lockdown since 23 March. Scotland entered phase one of easing out of lockdown on Friday 29 May, phase two on Friday 19 June and phase three on Friday 10 July. Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been working closely with the Scottish Government and health and care colleagues to support the surveillance and monitoring of COVID-19 amongst the population. There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19 (for example, Coronavirus in Scotland – Scottish Government and Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland). This report complements the range of existing data currently available.
Find out more
Versions of the Weekly national respiratory report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website
Versions of the COVID-19 weekly statistical report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website
- COVID-19 statistical data in Scotland (daily and weekly data available)
- COVID-19 Vaccination in Scotland (data up to 14 September 2022)
- Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland
- Enhanced Surveillance of COVID-19 in Scotland
- COVID-19 Infections in Pregnancy in Scotland
You can also view the open data for the Flu and COVID Winter 2022 Vaccination Programme Uptake
- Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland (external website)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Modelling the Epidemic – Scottish Government (external website)
- Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland – ARHAI
- Ethnicity Data: The COVID-19 statistical report interactive dashboard was updated on 30 November 2022 to include more recent information relating to ethnicity of COVID-19 positives
- 28 September 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on COVID-19 infection and vaccination in pregnancy in Scotland.
- 02 March 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on Highest Risk (shielding patients list)
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email email@example.com.
To report any issues with a publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.