About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents data on COVID-19 across NHSScotland.
- In the week ending 2 May 2021, 1,068 individuals were recorded in the contact tracing software, from which 4,128 unique contacts have been traced.
- As at 3 May 2021, there have been 226,644 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 1,022 in the week ending 3 May.
- In the week ending 28 April 2021, there were 62 admissions to hospital with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19.
- In the week ending 2 May 2021 there were 4,812 people who arrived in Scotland from outside the UK, of which 4,052 were required to quarantine (of which 860 were quarantined in a hotel) and 3,032were contacted by the National Contact Tracing Centre.
- In the week ending 2 May 2021, under the Community Testing Programme 5.6% of symptomatic and 1.9% of asymptomatic tests for COVID-19 were positive.
- In the week ending 3 May 2021, there have been 1,480 LFD tests carried out across all university and college test sites, of which 4 (0.3%) have tested positive.
Additional charts and data are available to view in the interactive dashboard accompanying this report.
Wider impact detailed analysis
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a wider impact on health and care as a result of the lockdown, economic pressures and changes to health services.
A range of analyses on the impact of COVID-19 across aspects of NHS Scotland is available on the interactive information tool (external website).
Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been working closely with the Scottish Government and health and care colleagues to support the surveillance and monitoring of COVID-19 amongst the population. There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19. For example, Coronavirus in Scotland – Scottish Government (external website) and Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland (external website). This report complements the range of existing data currently available.
Find out more
- weekly COVID-19 statistical data in Scotland
- COVID-19 vaccination in Scotland
- COVID-19 dashboard
- Enhanced surveillance of COVID-19 in Scotland
- Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland
Access the COVID-19 dashboard for the following information:
- daily COVID-19 positive cases and deaths by health board and local
- daily hospital admissions and ICU admissions at Scotland level
- data on vaccinations from 26 February 2021
There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19 – for example, Coronavirus in Scotland on the Scottish Government website (external website) and deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland on the National Records of Scotland (external website).
COVID-19 in pregnancy in Scotland
The 11 May 2022 COVID-19 statistical report contains information on COVID-19 infection and vaccination in pregnancy in Scotland.
View information about the COVID-19 Infection Survey (external website) – this represents the single biggest expansion to date of asymptomatic testing for surveillance purposes in the pandemic and is being conducted by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) and the University of Oxford, on behalf of the UK and The Scottish Government.
Highest risk (shielding) list
The 02 March 2022 COVID-19 statistical report contains information relating to shielding patients.
The COVID-19 statistical report interactive dashboard was updated on 18 May 2022 to include more recent information relating to ethnicity of COVID-19 positives
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email email@example.com.
To report any issues with a publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.