About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents data on COVID-19 across NHSScotland.
We identified an error in this report (9 June 2021), for deaths that had occurred within 28 days of a COVID-19 vaccination. This impacted on the number of cases and ratios presented, but did not impact on the interpretation of the analyses. We have corrected the analyses in the report dated 23 June 2021 and added two further weeks of data.
- In the week ending 6 June 2021, 4,792 individuals were recorded in the contact tracing software, from which 15,520 unique contacts have been traced.
- As at 6 June 2021, there have been 241,169 confirmed COVID-19 cases, with 4,985 in the week ending 6 June.
- In the week ending 2 June 2021, there were 144 admissions to hospital with a laboratory confirmed test of COVID-19.
- In the week ending 5 June 2021 there were 10 new admissions to Intensive Care Units (ICUs) for confirmed COVID-19 patients.
- In the week ending 6 June 2021 there were 9,783 people who arrived in Scotland from outside the UK, of which 6,653 were required to quarantine (of which 795 were quarantined in a hotel) and 3,633 were contacted by the National Contact Tracing Centre.
- In the week ending 6 June 2021, under the Community Testing Programme 11.3% of symptomatic and 4.4% of asymptomatic tests for COVID-19 were positive.
Additional charts and data are available to view in the interactive dashboard accompanying this report.
Wider impact detailed analysis
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic is likely to have a wider impact on health and care as a result of the lockdown, economic pressures and changes to health services.
A range of analyses on the impact of COVID-19 across aspects of NHS Scotland is available on the interactive information tool (external website).
Since the start of the outbreak, Public Health Scotland (PHS) has been working closely with the Scottish Government and health and care colleagues to support the surveillance and monitoring of COVID-19 amongst the population. There is a large amount of data being regularly published regarding COVID-19. For example, Coronavirus in Scotland – Scottish Government (external website) and Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland (external website). This report complements the range of existing data currently available.
Find out more
Versions of the Weekly national respiratory report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website
Versions of the COVID-19 weekly statistical report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website
- COVID-19 statistical data in Scotland (daily and weekly data available)
- COVID-19 Vaccination in Scotland (data up to 14 September 2022)
- Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland
- Enhanced Surveillance of COVID-19 in Scotland
- COVID-19 Infections in Pregnancy in Scotland
You can also view the open data for the Flu and COVID Winter 2022 Vaccination Programme Uptake
- Deaths involving coronavirus in Scotland – National Records of Scotland (external website)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Modelling the Epidemic – Scottish Government (external website)
- Hospital onset COVID-19 cases in Scotland – ARHAI
- Ethnicity Data: The COVID-19 statistical report interactive dashboard was updated on 30 November 2022 to include more recent information relating to ethnicity of COVID-19 positives
- 28 September 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on COVID-19 infection and vaccination in pregnancy in Scotland.
- 02 March 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on Highest Risk (shielding patients list)
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email email@example.com.
To report any issues with a publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.