About this release
This weekly release by Public Health Scotland presents epidemiological information on respiratory infection activity, including COVID-19, across Scotland.
- During the current Winter 2023 vaccination programme a total of 226,821 Influenza (Adult 18+), 20,818 Influenza (Children 6 months to 17 years) and 82,914 COVID-19 vaccines have been administered to the Scottish population since 4 September 2023.
As part of our continuous review of reporting, between 01 June and 05 October 2023, Public Health Scotland (PHS) will update the interactive dashboard, Vaccination Surveillance dashboard, COVID-19 open data platform, and respiratory open data platform on a weekly basis at 9.30am every Thursday and provide a narrative report once a month.
This aligns to the pre-pandemic approach for other respiratory pathogens, which typically follow a seasonal pattern with most cases occurring between October and May. A return to weekly publications will resume on 12 October 2023.
PHS will continue to monitor COVID-19 and other respiratory infection levels and publish additional narrative reports if necessary.
The next release of this publication will be 28 September 2023.
Find out more
Versions of the Weekly national respiratory report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website
Versions of the COVID-19 weekly statistical report publication released before 30 November 2022 may be found on the Public Health Scotland website
Open data from this publication is available from the following weblinks:
- COVID-19 Open Data platform
- Respiratory Open Data platform
- Flu and COVID Vaccination Uptake Open Data platform
- 11 September 2023 SARS-CoV-2 BA.2.86 variant in Scotland - weekly update
- The Flu and COVID vaccination uptake in Scotland dashboard was updated on 6 July 2023 with the most recent information.
- The COVID-19 in Adult Care Homes in Scotland datafile was updated on 27 July 2023 to include more recent information.
- Ethnicity Data: The COVID-19 & Respiratory Surveillance in Scotland interactive dashboard was updated on 31 August 2023 to include more recent information relating to ethnicity of COVID-19 hospital admissions.
- 28 September 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on COVID-19 infection and vaccination in pregnancy in Scotland.
- 2 March 2022 COVID-19 statistical report publication contains information on Highest Risk (shielding patients list)
If you have an enquiry relating to this publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a media enquiry relating to this publication, please contact the Communications and Engagement team.
Requesting other formats and reporting issues
If you require publications or documents in other formats, please email email@example.com.
To report any issues with a publication, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.